The major themes covered in the I2SM 2016 symposium are:
- Emerging pollutants in sediments
- Characterization and monitoring
- Sediment and contaminant fate and transport
- Ecological impact assessment and Risk
- Sediment management and Decision-analysis tools
- Natural attenuation, capping and storage of sediments
- Dredging operation
- Mechanical treatments, dehydration, etc.
- Remediation of contaminated sediments
- Beneficial reuse of sediments (civil engineering, environmental restoration, products manufacturing, etc.)
- Policy and sediment quality guidelines.